At the moment I am loving this basic look,
foundation (clinque beyond and perfecting, Mac, Benefit or Maybeliene)
contouring (either Mac or smashbox or NYX)
highlight (elf, smashbox or NYX)
Mascara (miss sporty)
Eyebrows (dip brow pomade Anastasia)
Lipstick (Mac or vasiline)
Setting powder (mac, Kiko or rimmel)
Primer (Mac or smashbox)
These are all affordable make up items you could use to create a basic, nice look that will last all day! This is what I wear for work and I can do 13 hour shifts or 8 hour shifts and my makeup will stay on all day! Even if I mix the different products up!
Whenever I ask people about trying Gin, they always say they don’t like tonic! But you don’t just have it with tonic. Even though it does taste good when you squeeze lemon juice into it, or have cucumbers in there. But there are so many drinks you can mix it with.
1. One of the best in my eyes. Bitter Lemon or San Pellegrino(lemon), obviously with ice! This tastes very refreshing, you can taste the slight hint of gin but nothing over powering… well depends how much gin you put in but if you do a double measure around 50ml it’s perfect!
2. Pomegranate Tonic Water, this adds a difference to the normal G&T. It creates all different flavours in your mouth, nothing harsh and much different to a normal Tonic taste.
3. Infused Gin’s, cranberry infused. You could add extra cranberry juice or mix with lemonade or Tonic and it’s almost a cocktail!
4. Lemonade, if you like a sweeter, drink this is the one! Very refreshing, almost like bitter lemon but doesn’t have a very strong lemon flavour.
5. Gin, Tonic and different fruits. This could be watermelon, melon, oranges etc. This adds and creates a more vibrant and flavoursome drink. Mixing the fruits together is also good to try! You can use lemonade to!
HendricksGordansBombaySaphireEdenMillTanqurayGreenallsBrockmansBeefeater and so many more!! There are hundreds of gins out in the world! I would love to taste them all! Each gin has a different type of flavour. If you get the small almost tester bottles as I call them, pour them in to separate glasses with the mixer you want and taste, you will be able to notice and taste the difference in flavour! It’s crazy!
Just remember Gin is amazing!
Are you one of those people that struggle to switch off? I am! It’s horrible, I literally have to wait until I fall asleep. But here are some ways that might help you, because they sure did help me!
1. Putting your phone on charge, do this. But not next to your bed. If you have set an alarm, somewhere close, but not in reaching distance. Turn it facing down, so if you are awake you can’t see if someone has replied or messaged you! This will stop your mind from thinking about all the things it has just seen on your phone.
2. Camomile Tea this tea is great for sending you to sleep and relaxing you. You won’t notice until about the 3rd time of trying. If it doesn’t work the first time, it’s because things need time to settle in and get used to your body. You need to have patience.
3. If you have a day off, don’t spend all day in bed. Sit in the living room, go for a walk, just avoid your bed! As comfy as it is, staying in bed isn’t good for your sleep, it confuses the mind slightly as your bed is somewhere you sleep. Not where you eat, drink and watch TV.
4. Don’t do any games that have to make you think a lot. Read a book instead, this will relax you, instead of making you think about a game and possibly make you stressed if your loosing… you know what I mean!
I find people just presume that they have a sleeping disorder and get sleeping tablets straight away. You need to try these first because you don’t want to put lots of different tablets in your system, because when you really need them, they won’t have an effect on you.
I hope this helps!
We all have different views on what good or amazing make-up is. There are so many different make-up artists that inspire me such as Plouise – who has worked her way up, opening a shop up and doing master classes all over the country and being a down to earth girl because she knows what working hard for something is all about. Then you have Jamie Genevieve, who creates the most wonderful smokey, grungy eye make-up ever! And also loves highlight as much as me!! Also I love Nicole Guerriero, who is funny and so down to earth and loves to do different stuff all the time and doesn’t be boring with her tutorials.
I think watching tutorials does help you, it gives you hints and tricks on what you could do, or you take what they are doing but do it your own way… if that makes sense?!
We all learn and the more we learn the better we are. But that doesn’t mean to say the best make up artists are the ones that went to university because they are some of the worse! Practise makes perfect. It’s all about experimenting and trying different stuff out not only to what suits you, but to learn the different make up techniques you can use on yourself and other people.
If people ever tell you, you can’t make a career from make up. Do not listen to them, because no matter what, if you work your hardest and practise you’ll get to where you want to, you just need to be prepared to work for it.
I remember when eyebrow products was in the shop, but was never even bought, it wasn’t a topic of conversation, we didn’t pluck them, we just left them bushy and huge!! Now I realise how much better eyebrows are since drawing them on, for me I need to as a majority of my eyebrow hair has fallen out and I have no idea why, probably over plucking when I was younger, or randomly dying them with hair bleach, but now they won’t grow back! I have the front bit, but no arch. The funny thing about eyebrows is that where ever you go, whoever you look at, you just look at their eyebrows and actually judge them. Some you are like ‘Jesus I wish I could do mine like that’ or your like ‘fuck, what are they!?’ But then you have to think what people would say about yours, I hope they like mine but we all have our bad days where we have one fleeeeeky brow and one a bit not!
For people that are like me and have little or no hair, I defiantly reccomend the dipbrow promade from Anastasia Beverly Hills, as this stays on FOREVER! Literally lasts all day and longer probably! It’s amazing stuff, I draw my eyebrows on everyday and it lasts me around 1year and 6months. Which is totally worth the money.
I wouldn’t reccomend the benefit brow whiz promade as when I drew my eyebrows on, I noticed it came off if you touched it, even after setting with a eyebrow gel and using primer and without, I tried a lot of different things to try and make it work, but my brows just wouldn’t say! I love the consistency of the gel but unfortunately for my lack of hair, it doesn’t really do the job.
I can mix the two products as I find the benefit is better for the front of the brow and then the bit where I have no hair I use the Anastasia dipbrow.
Is there a brow gel or product you use and works well?! Please let me know I’d love to try some products you reccomend!